Announcing version 2.3.0 of our plugin. This version is a step closer to making performance improvements for both the plugin on your server and the requests received on our server.
Besides the usual bug fixes this release contains the following changes:
- Default the catalog listings to display by Last Updated instead of item name
- Added highlighting to the selected sort
- Cache the categories drop down box
- Added PeepSo category
- Reduced the number of license key checks the plugin uses
- Changed the Download option to download from our CDN
- Changed the product catalog update to download from our CDN
- Changed API endpoints to use less server resources
The end result of this is you should see a speed improvement when using the plugin.
You are highly encouraged to update to this version ASAP because in a few months all versions <2.3.0 will fail to work.
I had to perform an emergency upgrade on the gplcellar.com server today. The last couple of days the web server was getting slowed down by increases in user usage so you might have been experiencing timeouts or issues using the plugin during this time. I increased the server’s resources and will monitor the situation to see if there are any processes that can be improved on.
I apologize for any issues you might have encountered during this time.